Question About PreOpenStack

Peter M. Brigham, MD pmbrig at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 18:18:34 EDT 2011

The other way of handling this is to have a mainstack that is really just a splash stack + library, it doesn't even have to show itself on startup (put "on preopenstack; hide this stack; end preopenstack" into the script of card 1 of the mainstack). Then put whatever you want for preopenstack behaviors in individual substacks, and don't put anything in the mainstack script except your library of handlers that need to be available in all stacks. Of course if there is default preopenstack behavior you need to have operating for all the substacks, you can put that in the mainstack script. Any substack that has its own preopenstack handler will trap the message (unless you pass it), and any stack without its own preopenstack handler will not intercept the preopenstack message and the mainstack script will catch it and handle the default action.

If you're planning on making a standalone, you don't want your library in the mainstack -- in that case a truly minimal mainstack script is called for, and the library of common handlers should be in a separate library stack that is put in use by the mainstack when it opens.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig