Is it safe to upgrade development machines to Lion yet?

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Fri Sep 9 05:01:05 EDT 2011

Folks,
What's the current view on whether to upgrade to Lion for LC development machines yet?

Have any of you expert developers upgraded your primary Macs to Lion and got inside the cage - or is it still being treated as a 'foreign beta' OS to be isolated and poked at, cautiously, through the bars, with a longish stick?

Only my main MacBook Pro (which I currently use for everything) meets the minimum hardware spec. I also have older hardware MacBook Pro and Mini (which it seems will now peak at Snow Leopard and Snow Leopard Server, respectively).

So I'm not sure whether to upgrade my main machine and/or shift development to an older Mac - or just ignore Lion for a while?
Best,
Keith..