audio guide app in livecode?

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Thu Sep 8 16:19:07 EDT 2011

Here's the rub- if one has an idea and the time, a person with even a medium
amount of experience with Livecode can do this.

 - personally I can't learn ANYTHING unless I am actually messing with it. I
need a goal to learn.

Even if someone beats you to the punch for an 'obvious idea' - you'll be
ready with the better and more competitive version later- with the advantage
of seeing the shortcomings and flaws in the first to market version. (and
users comments in the app store)

And you will always have your 'boilerplate' code and methodology that you
created - which, if you designed correctly, could be used elsewhere for
other applications.

On 8 September 2011 13:05, Pete <pete at mollysrevenge.com> wrote:

> It does sound very simple on the face of it, which begs the question of why
> nobody has implemented this much cheaper solution already?  Perhaps
> museums,
> being very traditional institutions, lag behind technology developments?
>  As
> I recall, I've always had to pay for this type of guide so perhaps the
> museums make money on them, or perhaps they are just recouping the costs of

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA