Copying from MS word into RunRev 4.0

Jeff Reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com
Sat Sep 3 13:17:28 EDT 2011

Jonathan,

I think this may be fallout from an old MS/Adobe battle. there have
been problems with the how data was formatted on the clipboard by MS
and then having issues with pasting into Adobe apps. from all i read
on that it was a big finger pointing game with adobe saying MS was not
doing apple standard formatting of their data on the clipboard to make
it accessible and MS saying it was adobe being stupid on how they
looked at data on the clipboard... in my experience its gotten worse
with later revs of word...

it is a muck...

the straight quote does help with similar unicode issues in
dreamweaver, but there are some other characters like em dashes that
also give out of bounds character codes.

cheers

jeff