Copying from MS word into RunRev 4.0

Jonathan Lynch jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 13:51:37 EDT 2011

I just tried it, but no success.

I copied a bunch of apostrophes from Word, and used a button that puts the
clipboarddata["html"] into a field. All the field shows is "<p></p>" - all
of the apostrophes were omitted, even though I can paste them into Notepad.

Do you have any other suggestions? I will try them all.

Unfortunately, all elements in the clipboarddata array do not have the
missing characters - I tried them.

I just worked out a technique using VBScript and IE rather than Word, and it
works fine, but is no faster than the method I was using with Word.

Are there any externals available that might be useful?

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 1:10 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> On 9/2/11 10:21 AM, Jonathan Lynch wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone.
>>
>> When I type this word into MS Word: it's
>>
>> Then copy and paste it into a field in RunRev, the apostrophe gets
>> omitted.
>> This is on a windows system. The character in question is not the usual
>> apostrophe, but is the curly apostrophe that MS Word uses.
>>

> I haven't tried it, but it might be possible to trap the pasteKey message
> and instead of pasting directly, set the htmltext of the selection to the
> clipboard["html"]. Maybe Word inserts character entities that LiveCode can
> read.
>
> --

Do all things with love