Copying from MS word into RunRev 4.0

Jonathan Lynch jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 11:52:10 EDT 2011

You could probably do the reverse of what I am doing.

That is, you could create an HTML file with the proper unicode text, then
use VBScript (if you are using Windows) to create an invisible word document
and open up the HTML file. Then, do selection.wholestory and selection.copy.
Then, close the invisible word document.

It would take a second or two, but it would put the unicode text into the
clipboard, but formatted by an MS Word document, and thus compatible with MS
Word.

Did that make sense?

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Richard Gaskin
<ambassador at fourthworld.com>wrote:

> Jonathan Lynch wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if the recent versions of Live Code allow for pasting
>> from
>> an MS Word document without omitting characters? I know it worked fine
>> back
>> with RunRev 2.5, so I know it is possible for it to be done.
>>

> Odd.
>
> I've also discovered a complimenting issue, which may be related:
>
> When copying Unicode data from LiveCode fields, pasting into Word renders
> the text very badly, as though the encoding type is either incorrect or
> absent in the Clipboard.
>
> Anyone know a reliable way to copy Unicode text from a LiveCode field to
> paste into Word?
>
> Is this an engine bug, or a Richard bug?
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World
>  LiveCode training and consulting: http://www.fourthworld.com