LiveCode.tv Event #37

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Sep 1 18:07:49 EDT 2011

Dear LiveCoders,

It is a pleasure to announce another edition of the LiveCode.tv event, even though we are having serious difficulties finding people who want to participate.

Before making the announcement, I want to urge you all to contact me OFF-LIST with your proposal for a presentation. If you want to support the LiveCode community, share your LiveCode experiences with your fellow LiveCode users!

This weekend's event is scheduled for 3 September 2011 at 19:00h GMT (Sat. 22:00 in Moscow, Sat. 20:00 in Paris, Sat. 14:00 in New York, Sat. 11:00 in Los Angeles, Sun. 04:00 in Sydney, Sun. 03:00 in Tokyo, Sun. 2:00 in Beijing; check the correct time in your own time zone).

In the first of an occasional look at other authoring tools, Colin will give an introduction to Unity 3D. People who want to follow along can watch screen recordings at http://qery.us/yr, and also try the final 3D scene by installing the Unity plugin, at http://qery.us/ys .

Mike continues the event talking about Franklin 3D. He will show how to use LiveCode to import assets into Franklin 3D.

The European HyperCard User Group (eHUG, http://www.ehug.info) will raffle off the e-book "Take Control of Your 802.11n AirPort Network" courtesy of TidBITS. You can find more info on the TC series at http://www.takecontrolbooks.com.

Make sure to use ChatRev during the happening, otherwise you won't know where to watch the streams, which will be announced in ChatRev. Download ChatRev here:
http://bjoernke.com?target=chatrev
or enter in the message box:
go stack url "http://qery.us/yt"

If you would like to participate in the event, please head over to http://blog.livecode.tv and click on Participate at the top of the page for ideas and leave a comment and/or contact Mark or Björnke. An easy way to contact us is through this web form http://qery.us/du

See also the following page for the same information:
http://livecode.tv

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille