Default Button

Admin admin at mfelkerco.com
Thu Sep 1 16:39:17 EDT 2011

That sounds like when the button has the focus, it works fine, but
when it does not have the focus it does not work. When a button has the
focus, enter and space bar will effect that control usually (at least in
other languages).

Mike

On Thu, 1 Sep 2011 13:45:36 -0400 (EDT),
dunbarx at aol.com wrote:

> Mark.
>
> Try this:
>
> Create a new stack,
drag an editable field and a defaultButton over.

> Put this in the
button script:

> on mouseUp
> beep 3
> end mouseUp
>
> Press return,
get three beeps. Now place a cursor in the field. Hit return, no beeps,
as is proper.
> Now click anywhere in the card area, deselecting the
field. Hit return. No beeps
> Now click the button. Three beeps.
> Now
hit return. Three beeps

> Are there two levels of "no active
control"?

> AHA.
>
> Just tried this all over again, and no beeps of
any kind at all, no matter what I do, unless, of course, I click the
actual button itself.