[OT] images: best transparent format

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Oct 31 01:41:11 EDT 2011

I'm pretty sure the issue is LiveCode, not you.  See an example here:

http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/LC_antialias_issue.jpg

LiveCode has had antialiasing issues for years (try creating a sharp line
using an even line width in LC -- can't be done when antialiasing is
enabled).  My guess is whatever routines are being used to antialias object
edges are also being applied to edges of images and producing less then
desirable results.

BTW, the image format you want is 32 bit PNG.  And, yes, it is worth the
bother, so we can get good results using native graphics effects, and keep
apps efficient, instead having to go outside LiveCode and "hard code"
graphic effects into images.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director