[OT] images: best transparent format

ddas dev at digifilm.com
Sun Oct 30 18:50:31 EDT 2011

Hi Nicholas,

Your best bet might be Illustrator. Create a shape and then export for web/devices as 24bit png. The results are slightly superior to Photoshop when it comes to dithering edges.

Copying vectors using the clipboard yields better results when moving between apps.

Higher res composition scaled down in the last step helps too.

Things get tricky when the images are small (even with vector). Hope this helps.

Regards,
Debdoot