What's the difference between LC 'shell' and OSX terminal?

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Fri Oct 28 16:17:52 EDT 2011

On 10/28/2011 03:09 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:
> Try this on your terminal:
>
> which convert
>
> This will return the path to the convert command, in my case is:
>
> /usr/local/bin/convert
>
> So change your convert command in the shell to "/usr/local/bin/convert
> image.jpg blabla" and see if you can get it to work.
>
> (I may of course be wrong and the problem may lie elsewhere)
>
> Andre

This would have been my suggestion if his shell() looked ok. It does
point out a problem with using shell(), especially in OS X where things
are very possibly not going to be installed in their standard *nix
locations. A method to check for the location of an exectuable and if
necessary, a way for the user to provide the path, should be provided.

Warren