Download a stack file

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Fri Oct 28 02:44:52 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm making a stack updater that downloads a LC stack to the user's hard drive and replaces a stack there.

I plan to:
	1. Have the user download a small updater stack and run it
	2. The updater gets essential data from the user's old stack and writes it to a file
	3. The updater then downloads a new stack, reads the data into the new stack
	4. The old stack is deleted from memory and the hard drive
	5. The new stack is renamed to the old stack name.

Is this a good method?

What are the commands for downloading the replacement stack to the user's hard drive? I've not got anywhere with "load."

Many thanks for any help!

Peter Bogdanoff
UCLA