[OT] Box.net free 50Gb for iOS 5 users

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Oct 26 17:49:02 EDT 2011

>> One could also use Finder's Connect to Server  with "https://www.box.net/dav"
>>
>> It works !
>
> Darn, I was excited for a moment.
>
> I can connect to the server from the OSX Finder, and downloads from the
> server seem to work, but uploads either seem to fail or hang.  I think I
> read somewhere that Box may only support a limited number of filetypes?
> (maybe that's just on an iOS device).

No, I get the same thing - I guess using Transmit is the best way to go ATM - since you can not only create access to your WebDAV account, but you can mount that as an icon on the desktop while Transmit is running. DropZone may also have something for WebDAV as well… (not sure though)

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/