Empty fields and controls after testing

Admin admin at mfelkerco.com
Tue Oct 25 20:39:30 EDT 2011

One thing that truly bugs the hell out of me with Live Code is that
when I am done designing/programming and want to test it, the data is
now a part of the program.

What I mean is, say you have and edit box
and you go to test the program and type stuff in the edit box then go
back to edit mode, the text is still there. Same

goes for captions and
other stuff - any changes made in test mode sticks.

Is there a way to
test a program and when you go back to edit mode, it initializes
everything so that all controls are blank.

As it stands now, I have to
write a custom button that when pressed, wipes all fields/controls and
puts them back to their empty original state. It's a pain in the
ass.

No other language I program in does this.

Any thoughts?

Mike