[OT] Interesting Read On Tech In Classrooms vs None

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Tue Oct 25 17:41:09 EDT 2011

Hi Jeff,

I agree completely.  In 1998 computer scientist Elliot Solloway observed
that "...by and large, schools use only software that comes already
installed on the machine (a word processor, a spreadsheet, a drawing
program)... computers are being used as typewriters.  Its heartbreaking."

Computers are just the latest incarnation of new technology as a magic
bullet.  In 1922 Thomas Alva Edison -- not normally thought of as an