An application using sqlite running in a Citrix environment

Jonathan Lynch jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 16:54:49 EDT 2011

Government, security, all of that.

The situation is more difficult than I have described, actually.

However, I set up the approved executable file to essentially be a player,
so that I can add and change stacks as needed. As long as I stick within
certain confinements, that seems to be ok.

I usually use file management techniques, rather than databases, so I have
not had to deal with this .dll issue before.

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Bob Sneidar <bobs at twft.com> wrote:

> Fire the entire IT staff and replace them with people who will respond to
> everyone's needs in a timely manner? Months for approval?? Really??? That is
> brutal.
>
> Bob
>

> On Oct 25, 2011, at 1:44 PM, Jonathan Lynch wrote:
>
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I have a peculiar problem. I have an application that is approved to run
> in
> > a Citrix environment. (all windows stuff) The application uses an sqlite
> > database. It works fine when I run it from my desktop at work. But, if I
> run
> > it through the Citrix environment, the database components do not run at
> > all. Near as I can tell, the problem is that unapproved .dll files are
> > blocked, the same way that unapproved .exe files are blocked.
> >
> > As it takes several months to get applications approved, I was hoping to
> > find a way to use the commands from the database external without
> actually
> > having an external .dll file.
> >
> > Is that possible? I know that an external file could be stored as a
> custom
> > prop, then saved to a file when used, but that won't work in this
> situation.
> > Somehow, I need to actually internalize an external. Does anyone have any
> > suggestions for that?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jonathan
> >

> > --