Working with tab data and utf-8

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Oct 25 12:47:41 EDT 2011

Hi Giuseppe,

For plain text, you can use:

set the itemDel to tab
put item 2 of theData into field "cif" of group "controles empresa"

I'm not sure that the UTF8 returned by MySQL is read correctly by LiveCode. If LiveCode reads it correctly, you can do:

set the unicodeText of fld "cif" of grp "controles empresa" to \
	uniEncode(item 2 of theData,"UTF8")

but if it isn't then you might need to make sure that MySQL returns plain text, by changing the encoding of your entire database.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com