[OT] Interesting Read On Tech In Classrooms vs None

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Mon Oct 24 22:35:45 EDT 2011

This book is about 10 years old but is still a sobering read:

Larry Cuban
Oversold and Underused: Computers in the Classroom

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://www.hull.ac.uk/php/edskas/Cuban%2520article%2520-%2520oversold.pdf&pli=1

I think I also recently read that some Maine school district that
decided to buy an iPad for every one of its KINDERGARTENERS is the same
that previously bought iBooks for an older grade despite no evidence
showing that the iBooks improved student performance.

Judy