[OT] Interesting Read On Tech In Classrooms vs None

Admin admin at mfelkerco.com
Mon Oct 24 21:55:28 EDT 2011

My son was diagnosed with speech delay disorder and asperger (I
thought it was called Ashbergers) syndrome (very slight autism - totally
high functioning), so I know the struggles are real.

Mike

On Mon, 24
Oct 2011 15:17:19 -0700, annette dejulio wrote:

> Dear Mr. Sneidar,
>

> I emailed you once in the hopes of clearing my deceased husband's

name from the LiveCode listing, however I was not successful and I

have continued to receive the email. I have categorized it as junk
> (
I don't mean to be rude or unkind). I usually delete all of the

livecode without any regard. I have no idea why I read this about
> the
person with Asperger Syndrome, but as a teacher with a great deal
> of
experience dealing with Autistic children, I woul like to plead

patience and understanding for these folks. Neurologically, the

Asperger person is quite bright and struggles every day to deal with

a strange, frustrating world.

Oct 24, 2011, at 2:52 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:

>> We have someone at
work here that has been diagnosed as having this disorder. Of special
note is the abnormalities in social interaction, and limited empathy
with their peers. This particular person doesn't seem to get along with
anyone, nor does he appear to care to. He has a habit of constantly
reporting what he deems grievous issues of misconduct to the boss, but
the issues are typically trivial. He is almost incapable of working with
other people, as he must do things his way or he gets very agitated.
Wait, I have just described 70% of the people I work with. Wait again, I
have just described me! Bob On Oct 24, 2011, at 2:20 PM, Alejandro
Tejada wrote:

>>> By the way, and only as an interesting sidenote,
one of the creator of the Pokemon franchise, is a real life Forrest
Gump. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Tajiri [1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome [2] So, i just could
imagine how difficult was his time in school... -- View this message in
context: http://runtime-revolution.
278305.n4.nabble.com/OT-Interesting-Read-On-Tech-In-Classrooms-vs-
None-tp3933226p3934615.html Sent from the Revolution - User mailing list
archive at Nabble.com. _______________________________________________
this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription
preferences: http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
[4]

Links:
------