Help tracking down a shell problem

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Thu Oct 20 16:02:53 EDT 2011

Posted this a couple of days ago and have also been working with LC support
on it but no joy.

If you have a few minutes and are on a Mac, could you execute the following
code and let me know the results:

*put* line 1 of shell("defaults read .GlobalPreferences AppleLocale") into
 $LANG
*put* uniDecode(uniEncode(shell("locale -k LC_NUMERIC"), "utf8"))

I'm getting different results in LC than executing the same shell commands
in Terminal. I get:

decimal_point="."
thousands_sep=
grouping="0"

If I execute the same locale command in Terminal, the output looks like:

decimal_point="."
thousands_sep=","
grouping="3;3"

If you could let me know the OS X and LC versions too, that would be great.
I'm on OS X 10.6.8 and LC 4.6.3

Thanks,
Pete
Molly's Revenge <http://www.mollysrevenge.com/>