New rendering testing

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 10:20:19 EDT 2011

Hi Jim,

James Hurley wrote:

> Here is an undo version. (I'm pretty sure someone else also did this a
> while back.)
> go url "http://jamesphurley.com/jhurleyFolder/NineBallWithReset.livecode"
> The ultimate game would be one that plays itself. The dynamics of pool is
> deterministic.
> One could program a game to play flawlessly all by itself. Love
> determinism. So predictable.
> Quantum mechanics is a pain in the ass.

This new version (with a reset button) would be my favorite version! :-D
Now I could try many different shots and, eventually, become
a better player.

But, it's possible at all to create a Pool game that play flawlessly by
itself?
I am not so sure... In fact, Does anyone have seen this?
I mean, not a "fixed" or pre-programmed game, where all the balls run
to a position over the table, where the cue ball could sink them
following their numeric order without any obstacle.

James Hurley wrote:

> My cup already runneth over. I'm 80 years old now, but still manage to
> keep busy.
> Only my memory is shot. But there are advantages to that as well.
> There is a lot I won't mind losing track of.

Well, your activity in this platform suggest that your
mental age is several decades younger.
Your generation is a witness of the rising of
the modern world. Hopefully, all your wisdoms
and insights will be available in the future for
those who want to learn from them.

James Hurley wrote:

> Sounds like you lead a busy life. Busy is fun.

Yes. That's in the only way to keep going
in these extraordinary days... :-)

Al