Resizable DataGrid Question

Mike Doub Mike at Doub.com
Tue Oct 18 13:46:28 EDT 2011

I am trying to use a DataGrid to create a contact list that has a spacer
between each alphabetic grouping of names.   I was thinking to use the
non-fixed length attribute of the DataGrid and adjust the size dynamically
in the LayoutControl handler as well as showing a field that would contain
the spacer.   I am unclear how to determine the contents of the previous
grid element from within the current handler to know when expand the grid
for the spacer.   I also need to understand how to figure out if this is the
first grid element.

Does anyone have any examples of how this might be accomplished?

Thanks

    Mike