scrolling QT controller issues

Curt Ford curt at sonasoftware.com
Tue Oct 18 10:34:48 EDT 2011

I'm working on a project (using 4.6.4) that requires a long scrolling text field with QT controllers for sound-only files in between paragraphs. I created the text and some QT controllers and grouped them, then added a scroll bar to the group.

When I scroll a QT controller onto the screen there are strange artifacts as it emerges from underneath a navigation graphic at the bottom of the screen - as soon as any part of it appears, the entire controller is drawn on top of the navigation graphic.

Setting the alwaysBuffer of the controller to true solved the redraw problem, but now the controller doesn't respond to clicks, and the docs say that "if a player's alwaysBuffer is true, it cannot be controller by the controller bar and must be operated by script control."

Seems like this would make it pretty much impossible to use the standard QT controller in a scrolling group. Anyone know of a workaround for this?

Thanks!

Curt