Handling Long ID in Params?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Oct 17 23:19:47 EDT 2011

Recently, Mark Wieder wrote:

>> I'm sure you have good reasons but I'm curious about why you would want to
>> classify a handler as private if you know you will need to access it from
>> outside the script that it's in?
>
> Thanks. You beat me to it. This has been bothering me all day. Knowing
> Scott, I'm sure there's a good reason, but I can't imagine what it
> could be. Now I'm watching my inbox waiting for the mystery to
> unravel.

A good point.  In the big scheme of things, all the hoop jumping is probably
too much work.  But FWIW, I have a bunch of handlers in a front script that
are private to prevent any unwanted triggering -- the end use is a set of
tools for LiveCode developers in the LC IDE.  There are some occasions,
however, where I need to trigger some of the handlers from different points
in the tools that aren't part of the frontscript, so I'm trying to work
around that.  I was thinking I could use
reallyLongHandlerNamesThatNoOneWouldEverUse, but then I thought it might be
more useful to make one generic command to handle any need.

Like I explained, it might not be the best way to arrange things.

Sorry this been bothering you all day.  :-)

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design