[OT] Onanistic Ocelot?

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 01:15:47 EDT 2011

Richmond

> How (and should I) upgrade from Ubuntu 11.04 to 11.10, considering that last time I hosed my system and spent 3 days pulling it back together again?

I don't have a lot of important data on my Ubuntu partition so I simply clicked the "update" button. The update seems to have worked but I got a lot of odd messages. I'm not at all impressed by Unity 2d; the default themes are far too garish for me and it is far too slow on my aged machine (Pentium P4 with 768K RAM). I tried unsuccessfully to download the GNU desktop from the Ubuntu "Store". I'm now looking into moving to Linux Mint.

Regards

Peter