[OT] Plea for help

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Sat Oct 15 20:26:09 EDT 2011

I used Disk Warrior with great success many times in the OS9
days; not sure if they still are around under OSX.

I have also had success with "Data Rescue" from Prosoft
Engineering. It doesn't 'fix' the disk, but scans the disk and
copies off files it finds to a second disk (so you need another
disk of equal or larger size). Takes a long time but recovered
stuff from a severely damaged disk.

Hope that helps!

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan