New Hardware old Habits

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Oct 14 01:37:46 EDT 2011

Cal-

> The installation procedure didn't ask me if I wanted to make 5 the default
> version of LC it just went ahead and plunked 5 into the components folder
> and told me the job was all done.

If you're talking about associating an executable with a filetype so
that you can double-click files and have the IDE launch, you have to
remember that you're dealing with Microsoft here, and so you have to
do things backwards and use the Restore button to assign a program:

Open a Windows Explorer window to any directory
Go to the Tools folder and select Folder Options
Click on the File Types tab
Down at the bottom of the pane click the "Restore" button
(the Change button won't do anything)
Now click on Advanced (to affect all .xx files)
Click on Edit...
Click on Browse...
Navigate to the LiveCode.exe file of your choice
Click OK
Click OK again to dismiss the Edit File Type dialog
Click Close on the Folder Options dialog

Now double-click on a livecode stack

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net