295 png import images

Andrew Meit meitnik at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 12 12:42:14 EDT 2011

On Oct 12, 2011, at 9:55 AM, use-livecode-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> Could you perhaps use thumbnails for initial button presentation and then pull in the detailed layers as needed?
-- Thats what am trying to avoid having to do.

> If you're layering the images, could you use a snapshot to contain the set of all underlying layers as a new layer is added?
-- No, I need dynamic showing/hiding as a user peels on and off the layers to study how the art is applied to the page.
Because everything is put into ram, I am hitting a wall. And I need to keep the images large enough to allow users see the page at actual size due to the art design is complex.

If LC supported SVG and SVG effects, perhaps a vector approach but then is there a limit to how many data points to a path?? One of the biggest disappointments for me in 5.0 is the lack of improved vector support and the styled unicode field. Rev is till stuck in a 1985 bitmap world. Sigh.