So RunRev wants more of my money- what has been fixed?

AndyP smudge.andy at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 12 03:23:25 EDT 2011

Yep dissapointed, It's a big issue jump from release 4.6.4 to the big 5!

Most of the changes seem to be for the IOS platform or at least driven by
their requirements (faster graphics for games). Their are still a lot of us
out there who's income stream is from the desktop and office environment...
what's new for us?

Most of my clients are not interested in mobile apps... they work in an
office! sure they and I can see that the mobile and tablet market is big,
growing and quite exiting but it's not what they are interested in and  not
why I changed from Delphi to RunRev/LiveCode development, it was and is the
speed of development for Windows and Mac and the promise of a web plugin to
allow porting easily to the web.

Speed of development is still great.. nothing beats it..yet!
The web plugin seems to have been left behind and I suspect (unless anyone
knows differently) will be abandoned in favour of the mobile/tablet route,
especially as IE have indicated that the new IE will have a zero plugin
architecture?

Now don't get me wrong, I still think LiveCode is a great product and will
not be abandoning it but, please can we have a more level playing field with
update platform targeting and a roadmap for V5 would be appreciated.

-----
Andy Piddock

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder.
http://www.pointandsee.co.uk - made with LiveCode (v1.4.1 released 26/08/2011)