Another examples of the screen refresh problem on the Mac?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Oct 10 19:31:06 EDT 2011

A variation of this script shows that lockmoves is getting set to false before the first move command. Given:
on mouseUp
      put 200 into x
      put 200 into y
      put 2 into dx
      put 1 into dy

      repeat 100 times
             put x,y & cr after tPoints
             add dx to x
      end repeat

      put 200 into x
      put 200 into y
      repeat 200
             put x,y & cr after tNewPoints
             add dy to y
      end repeat
    put empty into mmsg
    lock moves
    put the lockmoves into mmsg
    move button "two" to tPoints without waiting
    put comma and the lockmoves after mmsg
    move button "one" to tNewPoints without waiting
    put comma and the lockmoves after mmsg
    unlock moves
    put comma and the lockmoves after mmsg
    put mmsg
end mouseUp

I get truefalsefalsefalse in the message box. Odd though that there are no commas?? But I digress. It is obvious that the first move command is setting lockMoves to false. This has to be a bug.

Bob