What does 'shadows' mean?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Mon Oct 10 18:10:28 EDT 2011

Thanks to all who replied.

My problem was solved by restarting the IDE, and I think Colin's explanation was a very clear one - it is a bug IMO but perhaps not a very serious one.

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 09:37:48 -0400, Colin Holgate <coiin at verizon.net>  wrote:

> Here you go, an entire article on the topic:
>
> http://www.runrevplanet.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=150:52-tips-in-as-many-weeks-tip-23&catid=57:tip-of-the-week&Itemid=65

Alex, I have also noticed that loop variables (I normally use i,j,k etc) are implicitly declared, which does indeed seem an anomaly, even if a useful one. Probably deserves a note in the dictionary entry for 'repeat'.