iOS and Mac mini and App Store

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sat Oct 8 10:08:36 EDT 2011

Jim,

On 8 okt 2011, at 04:25, Jim Ault wrote:

> I haev a buyer for one of my Mac mini computers running Leopard.
> The buyer wants to build iPad apps with Livecode, but did not know about the developer requirements.
>
> I told him I would get the answers to
> How much is the Apple developer cost

$99

> How long does it take to become one (hours, days)?

Normally, up to one week. As a company, I had to send in some papers and get a confirmation from Apple. This took me 2 weeks altogether because it is slower if you have no fax (or refuse to use one).

> Can you run the apps on your own iPad without the Apple Store approval?

Yes, but not without the paid iOS developer account.

> Can you transfer your beta app to another users device ?

Yes.

> Can you transfer your beta app to another users simulator ?

No.

> His goal is to run a simple beta app on his bosses iPad next Wed.

Won't happen. There's too much to figure out and set up.

> Thanks for helping me outline the process.

Welome :-)

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille