Windows Standalone Will Not Save Data to File

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Fri Oct 7 19:47:22 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I built a small utility app for my students.  It was scripted on a Mac.  It has the following handler to allow them to save their work to disk.  It works on Mac stand-alones but not Windows.  My PC-using students have shown me how it does not save.  Is the problem the two forward slashes in the argument to the URL?

	put “My File” into theFileName
	put “1,2,3,4,5” into theData

      if the hilite of button "Save" of this card is true
      then
         ask file "Where would you like to save your data backup?" with (theFileName & "-Backup.csv")
         if it is not empty then put theData into url ("file://" & it)
      end if

Regards,

Gregory