Steve Jobs dead

Tereza Snyder tereza at califex.com
Wed Oct 5 22:20:56 EDT 2011

I saw Steve Jobs at three WWDCs and can attest to the effectiveness of the 'reality distortion field' he projected. Wozniak was my first idol, but in the end Jobs had the most effect on my life. What I wanted once was an S-100, and settled for an Apple-II; before long I knew every inch of it and every byte of its OS.

When the Mac appeared, it was like a dream. Black and white, tiny screen, fields! buttons! menus! no more command line! A revolution! I signed up. Almost 30 years and I haven’t let go.

A visionary. A leader. A worthy soul.