revCopyFile progress window not showing in front

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Oct 5 16:07:27 EDT 2011

Hi,

I believe this progress indicator shouldn't be visible at all. It is AppleScript and in my view it isn't done very well. The progress indicator you see is part of the Finder, not LiveCode.

Perhaps you could use some GUI scripting to bring that particular window of the Finder to front, but I expect it to be a big hassle. If you would consider using LiveCode's read and write commands, you could create your own progress indicator. Another option is to write a better AppleScript programme that doesn't display the progress indicator. Another option is to use the cp or mv command in the shell and use a gif image of a circular progress indicator. Although I don't like circular progress indicators, this solution works very nicely.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com