new iPhone 4s

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Wed Oct 5 12:34:11 EDT 2011

On Oct 5, 2011, at 10:31 AM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> * It requires lots of touches to do simple things.

As an example if this, here's the standard built in way I've found to close a few apps (and please let me know if there is a quicker way!):

iOS: double press the Home button, press and hold on any icon, then touch the X to close any of the apps you want to close.

Android:

1. Touch the Clock in the lower right.
2. In the popup that appears there are some sliders to the right. Touch those.
3. In the popup that appears, touch Settings at the bottom.
4. Touch Applications in the list on the left.
5. Touch Manage applications at the top of the list on the right.
6. In the next screen, touch Running on the right.
7. This next step can take a while, because it lists all of the processes running. Scroll through the list to find the app you want to close, and touch that.
8. There may be more than one sub process listed. Touch Stop for each one.
9. You're back at the previous list now, scroll until you find the next app you want to close. Touch Stop.
10. If greeted with a "Stop system service?" dialog, touch OK.
11. Repeat steps 9 and 10 for each of the other apps you want to close.

I have installed "Advanced Task Killer", which does allow me to quickly close all the processes I want, but I'm only comparing the standard features here.