Setting visible of control within group to false

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 2 16:24:19 EDT 2011

Scott,

Thanks for your reply.

My mistake. It is not removed from the group. What happens is that the dimensions of the group change when an outside control is made invisible.

My script did something line this:

--With the outside button invisible
set the visible of button "myButton" to true -- this is an outside button
put the loc of group "myGroup" into tGroupLoc
--do some stuff
set the visible of button "myButton" to false --This is an outside button
set the loc of group "myGroup" to tGroupLoc -- And this is a NEW location due to the shrinkage of the group size.

This is remedied by including everything within a rectangle (of zero line size). This way the dimensions of the group remain intact.
Another alternative, I see, would be to set the visible to false AFTER reseting the group location--reverse the order of the last two steps. This expands the group size to include the now visible button.

Jim