use of ME in behaviors

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Oct 2 12:18:40 EDT 2011

On 10/1/11 4:38 PM, Sivakatirswami wrote:

> So I am trying to understand what "me" references.
>
> In order for there to be a scrollbar of a group of "me" , "me" would
> have to refer to a card
> or "bigger" parent group, or stack.
>
> Did I get that right?

You can think of behaviors as private backscripts for an object. For
every object that has a behavior assigned, "me" refers to the object
itself. So a button's behavior script that uses "me" would refer to that
button. The beauty is, "me" will refer independently to every button
that uses that behavior. "Me" in button 1 will mean button "Dog", where
the same behavior assigned to button 2 will mean, say, button "Cat".

It works like you copied the same script into each button.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com