clipboard issue in Windows?

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Wed Nov 30 14:15:38 EST 2011

Don't know if this is a related issue. On Windows at the clipboard in the
IDE GUI acts odd at times. Running XP SP3. Sometimes "Ctrl Insert"/"Shift
Insert" works sometimes not. "Ctrl C"/"Ctrl V" work reliably most of the
time. Sometimes pasting things from the clipboard to the LC IDE from another
windows app works, sometimes not. I put some code on the clipboard in VB6.
It would not paste into LC, BUT I pasted to Windows notepad then again put
the select text on the clipboard from notepad and was able to paste into the
LC IDE??? "Control C" will put selected text onto the clipboard from both
the IDE and the LC Dictionary. "Control Insert" works only from the IDE but
not in the LC Dictionary. Other oddities exist. I think if you're at a
debugging breakpoint the rules of the clipboard change but I don't remember
what happens. I also just the other day used the LC copy to attempt to put
something on the clipboard but it did not work. Thought it was my inner LC
newbie coming out and was going to look at the docs, now maybe not.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
Phone: 518-636-3998 Ex:11