open property inspector of an object in a script

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Nov 29 22:02:20 EST 2011

On Nov 29, 2011, at 8:49 PM, Todd Geist wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How do you open the property inspector of an object in a script.  I can
> open the script editor with
>
> edit the script of ObjectRef
>

> How do I do the same for the Properties Palette?

First you select an object (interestingly, you can 'select' cards and stacks, too!)  and then execute:

  send "revBuildPropertyPalette" to stack "revTemplatePalette"

So here's an example of showing the Property Inspector for card 1 of the stack "MyStack"

on mouseUp
  select card 1 of stack "MyStack"
  send "revBuildPropertyPalette" to stack "revTemplatePalette"
end mouseUp

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com