Livecode as a command-line application

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:36:04 EST 2011

I have an extremely simple stack(read, not complete but might be a starting
point) that does this very thing. I use 2 separate fields though, 1 for
commands other for output but it works well enough.

Stack can be found at
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11957935/simpleInteractiveShell.livecode

This is windows based, but should only require changing "cmd" to
"/bin/bash" as the name of the process for linux. Think mac has bash in a
similar location.

Most everything is in the card script. No buffer management (as bob
mentioned, it would be necessary to handle the number of lines in the
output field) No history, though that also wouldn't be too difficult to
add.