mouseDown command and control + option keys

paolo mazza mazzapaoloitaly at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 06:38:59 EST 2011

Hallo all,

I just want to share this peculiar behavior of our beloved LiveCode IDE.

>From the IDE, if I click a button pressing the control + option keys,
the "mousepp" command does not execute and  the script window opens to
show the script of the button.

However, if I have a "mouseDown" script in the button, and I click the
button pressing the control + option keys, first the mouseDown command
executes and then the script windows will come up.

To me this is a bit strange. Is it supposed to work this way or it is a bug ?

All the best

Paolo Mazza