startup handler

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Nov 28 21:58:37 EST 2011

On 11/28/11 8:31 PM, Mark Smith wrote:
> Hi, just wondering if there is something special about the startup handler.
> The following code (executed in the IDE) does nothing:
>
> on startup
>     if the cpassword of this stack is empty then
<snip>

Startup is sent only once when the engine is first launched. In the IDE,
that happens long before any user stacks open (I think the IDE Home
stack catches it.) Startup will never occur in a stack open in the IDE,
only in a standalone.

I could have sworn that was in the dictionary, but it isn't under the
"startup" message so it's probably buried somewhere else.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com