revServer (again)

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Fri Nov 25 14:07:39 EST 2011

Hi all, thanks for the thoughts!

Björnke, I used put revOpenDatabases(), which ought to work without parameters. Also the same code I have been transferring to the physical UBUNTU machine works flawlessly in a VM under the same distro of UBUNTU server, under UBUNTU Desktop, Mac OS X and Win. So a scripting error is pretty much out of question. It must have to do with permissions, or the DB external broke when I moved the files to the physical server. I did unzipped the package on the Mac and then moved it over, mabe that screwed things. I shall try unzipping on the server.

Mike: What I found interesting was you talking about some .txt file. There is no such file present as far as I can see in the livecode-server 4.6.4 package. (Neither in the VM though, so I rule that out).

I really wished we could just apt-get install livecode-server :-). Unlikely to happen though. :-/

All the best,

Malte