[OT] A FLASH in the pan? Part 2

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Nov 21 17:45:15 EST 2011

On Monday, November 21, 2011, stephen barncard <
stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com> wrote:
> I think both of you have trivialized and underestimated the seriousness of
> what's happening now.  Easy to be smug when you are ok.

Hmmm. Do you think it smug to call other folks "smug" just because you
don't agree with them?

Fact is, there are two sides to this story, with both sides having good
points. Sure, Wall Street is now nothing more than a 'gamed system' like
Vegas where the computers and fund managers now make all the money, knowing
if they screw up the Feds will bail them out.

Not to mention these days Wall Street is ONLY ABOUT GREED. They add little
to our society other than to promote their own interests. Far from the
original concept of enabling small business access to capital for growth.

But then as Bob points out, it's our poor leaders who walk around with
their hands in everyone's pocket, soliciting favors for promises of virtual
kickbacks (Solendra), spending foolishly trillions of our dollars on $16
muffins and wars nobody wants.

And academia carries much of the blame,  still advocating kids getting
$100,000 degrees in "English Literature" knowing there are no jobs
available, but who cares as tenured teachers have the least amount of
accountability of any in our society.

I suppose there's enough blame to go around.

--
Chipp Walters
CEO, Shafer Walters Group, Inc.