Confused about substacks

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri Nov 18 18:42:40 EST 2011

Hi Bob,

When you turn a mainstack into a substack of another mainstack, that substack becomes part of the stackfile containing the mainstack. In effect the stackfile containing the former mainstack is "orphaned". Usually I just get rid of these orphaned stackfiles to avoid confusion.

Bottom line: substacks are part of the same stack file of the mainstack.

Hope this it what you were asking.

Devin