Copying datagrid templates between stacks.

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 13:44:13 EST 2011

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 6:12 PM, Glen Bojsza <gbojsza at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any inherent problems or reasons not to copy a datagrid template
> between stacks?
>
> I would like to just copy the datagrids from an old application stack to a
> new application stack that I am working on... can this be done or should it
> be done?

Hi Glen,

As a DGH user, you can use the "Mimetism" feature of DGH for "cloning"
a datagrid in another project.

For doing that:
1. Select the datagrid to copy
2. Open the mimetism topic of the DGH's properties palette
3. In the "cloning chamber", click on the 3 dots button
4. Click on the "Add in Chamber" button
5. In the new application stack, drop a fresh datagrid
6. Select the new datagrid in DGH.
7. Click on the "clone properties & template" button

This feature copies all the properties of the datagrid, duplicates the
template and take in charge the different behaviors in the new
template, so you should have nothing to do manually.

Best regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.com