lc shell and command line

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 17:06:34 EST 2011

oh that sucks. I tried quite a few other methods none of which worked very
well if at all.

Hmm, would calling login directly work?  Probably not, as on many systems
root login is not allowed. If it were allowed, then the same basic idea
works.  open process login then do the magic stuff, then exit out.

Also looked at suid ideas but couldn't make a suid script do root level
stuff no matter what I tried.

Makes me wish for a less fragmented linux. Oh well, open elevated is
working for me on ubuntu. Wish I had things that needed to be done that way!