[DGH] inks needs to be reset to addMin; sometimes inks is disabled

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 14:37:22 EST 2011

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Bernard Devlin <bdrunrev at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bernard,

I will reply in the list, but this is more a specific question than a
LiveCode general question.

For any question relative to DGH, remember that you are always welcome
to contact me directly. 8-)

> When I use DGH to add a custom control to a datagrid (e.g. just a
> 'classic' field control), I can get my custom field to display the
> data when the datagrid is updated.  However, the datagrid for that
> column(s) loses the alternating row colour that is found in other
> columns.

The opaque property of a field added in the DGH's template area is set
to opaque by default, that's why the alternating row color is hidden.
To change any property of an object in the TMPL area, just double
click on the control to open the LC inspector. For this field, turn
off the opaque option, update the change, then apply it to the
datagrid. This will fix the alternated color.

> In my experiments with solving this, I found that reseting the 'inks'
> to addMin in DGH would reintroduce the alternating rows. But sometimes
> even the 'inks' menu is disabled.

For column coloring, DGH adds it's own properties for specific
features not yet covered by the datagrid library. The properties are
only available in the DGH's properties palette if the required
properties / scripts are installed in the datagrid group script. For
installing these properties, use the script installer located in the
Scripts topic, then click on the install button of the DGH properties
option.
A tooltip should indicate why an option is currently disabled in the
palette ("DGH properties script missing" in this case)

Have a look to this lesson about coloring columns with DGH:
http://lessons.runrev.com/s/lessons/m/4068/l/40607-How-Do-I-Give-Color-To-a-Non-Editable-Column-

For people of the list who was annoyed by the answer, feel free to
throw me lot of che*ses.

Best regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)