mouse within oval filled area

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 13 09:47:40 EST 2011

Jacque,

BOL! (Burst out laughing)

This may be more recognizable, the equation for the ellipse in rectangular coordinates:

 x^2  +  y^2
 a^2     b^2

Just replace x by r*cos(theta) and y by r*sin(theta) and solve for r. Voila.

Well maybe not. Foreign languages are not difficult, just alien.

Speaking of which, I have no idea what the emoticon  :P means. I hope its not something naughty.

After two years of classical Greek I recall (?) that Ho strategos eine micros, means the general is small. (It doesn't look anything like this in modern Greek.) The rest is all Greek to me.

Jim